每日英語:老外怎樣說「慫」!

教育 • 留學

(澳洲生活網訊)「慫「這個字幾乎被國內外的朋友們玩壞了。在國內,人們通常用」慫「來形容那些軟弱無能的人。可是不知道哪個朋友竟然把它拆解為「從心」(follow your heart),這樣錯誤的翻譯,真讓人哭笑不得。下面,英語(精品課)君帶著大家看看老外是如何用英語表達「慫」的吧。

(1)coward 懦夫

I was, to my shame, a coward.

我很慚愧,我是個懦夫。

He’s a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.

他是一個懦夫,一個分不清蠻力和大丈夫氣概的恃強凌弱者。

But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.

但是同時我不得不承認我是一個天生的懦夫。

I would be a coward if I left now.

如果我現在離開,就成了一個懦夫。

(2)wimp 軟骨頭

But he looks like such a wimp: I’m afraid he doesn’t have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.

可是,他看起來像個軟骨頭。 我擔心,在真正發生危機的時候,他可能不會有足夠的勇氣來處理問題。

I was a wimp.

我是個窩囊廢。

What a wimp that boy is!

那真是個沒有骨氣的男孩。

(3)weakling 沒用的人

Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?

你認為那個懦夫配做我的對手嗎?

Next time I’ll leave you in the trash, weakling!

下次我不幫你了,沒用的傢伙!

You are a miserable weakling.

你是一個可憐的弱者。

(4)wuss 膽小鬼

Are you being a wuss?

你想當膽小鬼?

I’ll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.

我告訴你們,是懦夫,是膽小鬼!

(5)craven 懦夫

No man wants to be thought a craven person.

沒有人希望被人認為是個懦夫。

A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.

英雄冒著生命危險去幫助別人;而懦夫卻臨陣脫逃。

展開評論
更多評論