每日英语:老外怎样说“怂”!

教育 • 留学

(澳洲生活网讯)“怂“这个字几乎被国内外的朋友们玩坏了。在国内,人们通常用”怂“来形容那些软弱无能的人。可是不知道哪个朋友竟然把它拆解为“从心”(follow your heart),这样错误的翻译,真让人哭笑不得。下面,英语(精品课)君带着大家看看老外是如何用英语表达“怂”的吧。

(1)coward 懦夫

I was, to my shame, a coward.

我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。

He’s a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.

他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。

But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.

但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。

I would be a coward if I left now.

如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。

(2)wimp 软骨头

But he looks like such a wimp: I’m afraid he doesn’t have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.

可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。

I was a wimp.

我是个窝囊废。

What a wimp that boy is!

那真是个没有骨气的男孩。

(3)weakling 没用的人

Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?

你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗?

Next time I’ll leave you in the trash, weakling!

下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙!

You are a miserable weakling.

你是一个可怜的弱者。

(4)wuss 胆小鬼

Are you being a wuss?

你想当胆小鬼?

I’ll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.

我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!

(5)craven 懦夫

No man wants to be thought a craven person.

没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。

A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.

英雄冒着生命危险去帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。

展开评论
更多评论