(澳洲生活网)
1.Stop playing the fool . / Don’t act stupid . 别装傻了。
A: Honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
亲爱的,你能把碗碟放进洗碗机里吗?
B: I don’t know how to run it.
我不知道怎么操作。
A: Stop playing the fool!
别装傻了!
2.Who do you think you are ? 你以为你是谁啊?(毫不客气地说)
A: You shouldn’t talk to your children that way.
你不该这么跟你的孩子们说话。
B: Who do you think you are? Mind your own business.
你以为你是谁啊?管好自己的事吧。
3.Any complaints? / Do you have something to say? 你有何不满?/你有什么话要说吗?
A: Can I see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表吗?
B: Here it is. Do you have something to say?
这就是。你有什么要说吗?
4.That’s more like it. 这才像话。(像个长者在说)
A: Don’t talk to your brother that way!
别跟你哥哥那么说话!
B: I’m sorry I insulted you, Jimmy.
对不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
A: That’s more like it.
那才像话。
5.Do it yourself, then. 既然如此,你自己来吧。
A: That’s not the way I wanted it done.
这可不是我想要的方式。
B: Do it yourself, then.
那你自己来呗。
6.That’s going too far. 太过分了!
A: Should I buy my girlfriend a car?
我是不是该给我女朋友买部车呢?
B: That’s going too far.
那太过分了!
7.See. / I told you (so). 我老早告诉过你。(洋洋得意、有先见之明)
A: It was stupid of me to go bungee jumping.
我居然去蹦极,真是太蠢了。
B: See, I told you so.
看,我早就这么说。
8.Do something (about it) ! / Don’t just sit there! 想想办法吧!别闲坐着!
A: Honey, the garbage needs to be taken out.
亲爱的,垃圾该拿出去了。
B: So, don’t just sit there, go do something about it!
那你就别光坐在那儿了,去做点事吧!
9.I’m counting on you. / You’re my only hope. 就指望你了。(可怜兮兮地说)
A: Sure, I’ll come watch you give your speech.
当然,我会来看你演讲的。
B: Great, I’m counting on you!
太好了,我就指望你了!
10.So what? 那又怎样?(毫不在乎地说)
A: You’re not wearing your seatbelt.
你没系安全带。
B: So what?
那又怎样?